Job Title: Assistant Finance Director-Payroll
Location: Middletown NY
OVERVIEW OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
This position is a leadership position responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned financial functions such as payroll, accounts receivable and/or accounts payable, helping to ensure accurate accounting practices and financial health of the organization. This requires the ability to problem solve, analyze, and project financial data for profit/loss of program areas, and collaborate with multiple teams.
Qualified candidates will possess supervisory experience with the ability to perform and write formal staff evaluations, provide feedback, and offer mentoring opportunities to allow staff to grow and achieve agency outcomes.
- Responsible for oversight and retention of up to 8 staff
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of financial processes including accouting general ledger software, recording and approving journal entries
- Responsible for the performance of account reconciliations on a monthly and yearly basis in the identified areas of responsibility
- Monitors and evaluates work productivity standards including identified Key Performance Indicators of finance team; supervise, coach and take necessary action to facilitate achievement of performance targets
- Understands and can effectively back up any position with the finance unit for which they supervise. Develops cross-training plans for staff to accommodate in times of vacancy/absence
- Write and update policies and procedures including collaborating with program leaders to identify problem areas; developing and implementing solutions to promote process improvements
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by understanding existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Compiles and distributes, to leaders, analytical reports weekly, biweekly and monthly on productivity, collections, revenue, expenses, cash flow, and projected trends for monitoring operations and updating financial systems
- Assists with corporate budget preparation. Meets with leaders and gathers information for inclusion in multi-year budgets. Assists CFO/Director with cost reporting requirements and claims.
- Possess intermediate computer skills which include knowledge or word processor, spreadsheet, and database software and file maintenance. Responsible to create and design useful spreadsheets & databases independently and utilize skills to assist and train others
- Write formal staff evaluations, provide feedback to staff, and offer mentoring opportunities to allow staff to grow and achieve agency outcomes
- Responsible for communicating effectively with staff and leaders on a consistent basis
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONAL / ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT:
- Supports Network wide budgetary process
- Assignments may be determined at a future date
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- 5 years elated finance experience required
- 3 years of progressive related supervisory experience required
- Applicants must be able to lead and work effectively in a team environment and independently when necessary
- Applicants will possess intermediate computer skills with demonstrated strengths in Excel and database software
- Experience in Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Applicants must be organized and precide with strong problem solving and analytical skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance requires
- Must be capable to sit or stand in front of a computer for long-periods of time
- Able to work in open space floor plan
- Must be able to reach, bend, pull in order to reach files
- Work alongside co-workers within 3 feet
- Occasional lifting of > _15+ pounds
Access offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; an array of voluntary benefits (term life, whole life, identity theft protection and pet insurance); Healthcare and Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts; employer paid Short Term Disability, LTD and AD&D; a matching 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, accelerated holiday pay and tuition assistance.
To see all career opportunities with Access visit http://accessrealjobs.org. To learn more about Access and our services visit http://accesssupports.org. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
We strive to make our electronic application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or if you are having difficulties in completing the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at 845-692-4454.