Location: New Rochelle, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2024
LOCATION: New Rochelle, NY
POSITION: Nurse, Opioid Addiction & Recovery (METRO)
HOURS:, 5:45am to 1:45pm Monday thru Friday, Per Diem
SALARY: $31.00 per hour
Our METRO program provides integrated methadone maintenance and mental health services to address the physical and emotional needs of opioid-dependent adults (18 years+) and those with co-occurring disorders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists with medical assessments and care, health education, injectable medications and medication/wellness education. Screen and monitor clients for medical problems and side effects.
With client’s input and consent, helps to develop strategies to maximize medication compliance.
· Engage in health promotion, prevention and education activities (i.e. escalates reports of risky behaviors and assists in the development of behavior change strategies).
· Communicate and coordinate services with other medical providers.
· Administer and document medication treatment in EMR.
· Participates in case consultations and conferences, as well as crisis support as needed in clinic.
· Assists in management of physical health integration initiatives.
· Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and trainings.
Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse license
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
· 2+ years’ experience providing care within behavioral health program for the full age range, including crisis care, high-risk and addiction populations.
· New Grads Welcome!
· Familiarity with Westchester County System of Care and resources for all age groups and the full range of behavioral health and medical needs.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
· Expertise in medical, mental health and addiction crisis needs of adults and elderly.
· Exceptional interpersonal, engagement, communication and educational skills.
· Familiarity of physical health integration models of care.
· Ability to provide nurse services in-office.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position, which are reviewed on each individual case.
The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW) is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TGCW encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
TGCW undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: Debra Royal [email protected] . Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW) is an innovative nonprofit agency that provides a wide array of mental health, substance use, and rehabilitative services to children, adolescents, and adults in Southern Westchester. As a leader in integrated mental health and addiction services, TGCW has integrated clinics and satellite clinics in Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, and Yonkers. We are a SAMSHA Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) expansion grantee, with a centralized access center, toll free hotline for 24/7 access to services 888-TGCW-CAN (888-842-9226), a crisis and community response team, and the ability to walk-in for rapid access to services daily-all 7 days of the week. To learn more about us, please visit our website www.TheGuidanceCenter.org.