Behavioral Health Clinic Intern - Orange County
Location: Newburgh, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2024
Access: Supports for Living Inc. is in the business of doing good. We have a mission: To help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible. Here, you’ll be a valued part of an innovative team that touches the lives of more than 10,000 people each year across the Hudson Valley in programs supporting people to pursue the life they imagine. At Access, we believe in work with a purpose.
We work with a variety of individuals from all walks of life who are experiencing life stressors or mental illness. In addition, we work with a diverse population, including children in which we practice in a family therapy model. Individuals interning within this clinic setting will have exposure to many individuals with varying levels of needs. This clinical internship position will offer students the opportunity to take their education even further with direct individual support through therapy, assessments, and treatment planning.
This position requires that applicants be enrolled in a degree program that will grant them credit hours for their internship. Applicants must also be second year Master’s level or advanced first year Master's level students studying Social Work or Mental Health Counseling.
To be considered for an internship placement with Access, please submit a cover letter with your application that includes the school you are attending, your degree program, details on your internship requirements, and the Access program(s) of interest to you.
- Facilitate/assist in Psycho-educational, rehabilitation, and recovery groups.
- Facilitate/assist in counseling groups and individual counseling sessions.
- Conduct intakes and complete Psychosocial and other assessments.
- Responsible for caseload appropriate for the student’s experience level and education level.
- Responsible for all required documentation associated with caseload (i.e., monthly summary notes, individual session notes, Individual Recovery Plans with program participants, required assessments, etc.).
- Participate in treatment planning, as well as transferring and closing client files.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONAL / ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT:
- Opportunity to participate in clinical modalities, such as Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Relapse Prevention, Crisis Intervention, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Opportunity to participate in/conduct individual and group therapy sessions.
- Gain experience in managing behavioral health documentation.
- Additional assignments may be determined at a future date.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Previous experience in a clinical setting is preferred.
- Strong organization skills with accurate attention to detail.
- Sufficient skills to communicate effectively with both clients and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Second year Master’s level Social Work student.
- Second year Mental Health Counseling student.
- Advanced first year Master's level Social Work student.
- Previous behavioral health or clinical experience is preferred.
- Must be capable to sit or stand in front of a computer for moderate-periods of time
- Able to work in open space floor plan
- Must be capable to move throughout work day and follow individuals
- Work alongside individuals within 3 feet
- Occasional lifting of > _15+ pounds
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.