Location: Pleasant Valley, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2023
Location: Pleasant Valley, NY
Salary: 56,000 Annually
Hours: 40 Hours Flexible with On-Call Responsibilities
Direct Support Professional Supervisors work as part of an interdisciplinary team (clinical staff, nurses, families, advocates, etc.) providing services to adults with intellectual/ developmental disabilities. Working under the direction of an Assistant Director/ Program Director/ Regional Program Director they oversee and direct services that enrich the lives of individuals. Our mission is to help individual’s live happy, healthy, and fulfilling lives.
Direct Support Professional Supervisors oversee the overall operations of the program ensuring compliance with state and OPWDD regulations as well as agency policies and procedures. Direct Support Professional Supervisors hire, train and supervise direct care staff to ensure quality delivery of services, including, personal care, meal preparation, medication administration, and health maintenance. Direct Support Professional Supervisors ensure all programming needs are met including, scheduling, staff development and physical plant. Direct Support Professional Supervisors ensure the program budget is maintained and ensure for timely billing, staff payroll processing and appropriate utilization of individual and agency funds.
Providing individuals with the highest quality of care and services is also part of our mission. The Agency has an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity – employees are expected to perform their duties and responsibilities to our high standard of quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities vary in intensity and frequency:
· Supervises and works alongside Direct Support Professionals in a residential setting which support individuals with varying diagnoses.
· Collaborates with Human Resources and DSP Administrators to promote staff recruitment, selection, hiring, retention, training and professional development.
· Tracks direct care staff’s training due dates to ensure compliance with no lapse.
· Completes staff performance agreements which are aligned with Core Competencies.
· Provides performance feedback and initiates progressive discipline as needed.
· Creates, reviews and ensures the implementation of service plans.
· Ensures that high-quality rehabilitative services and person centered activities are being planned and conducted in accordance with service plans.
· Meets with individual’s circle of support to ensure all programming needs are met and to problem solve any concerns that may arise.
· Ensures that the program is operating efficiently and within program budget specifications.
· Ensures that staff are completing documentation in a thorough, timely manner in order to ensure for maximum billing.
· Ensures for the safety of all individuals and team members.
· Ensures routine maintenance and cleaning of vehicles and physical plant are completed and follows through to resolution.
· Coordinates and leads program operations to achieve quality of care, and efficiency while maintaining regulatory standards.
· Reports and resolves incidents and compliance issues in a timely manner and ensures direct reports do the same.
· Maintains individual’s charts up-to-date and ensures documents are scanned and filed appropriately.
· Inspires and promotes customer satisfaction.
· Participates in the agencies on call rotation and responds to individual and program emergencies as needed.
· Completes program staffing schedule and ensures for appropriate coverage
· Utilizes technology to review and approve staff timesheets.
· Organizes, multitasks and prioritizes duties and responsibilities in an efficient manner
· Provides personalized interactions with individuals to ensure high quality services.
· Acts in a professional and visionary manner and communicates effectively with others; completes training programs; trains others as required and attends departmental, agency and relevant community meetings.
· Maintains a valid, unrestricted, insurable driver’s license.
· Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education or Experience:
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
Access: Supports For Living is an EEO employer-EEO, AAE, M/F/D/V