Location: Middletown, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2023
Location: Middletown, NY
Other location includes Mt. Vernon, NY
Pay Rate: $16.80 per hour
Work Type: Hybrid Schedule, Full Time Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
Travel: Required travel to affiliate agencies at least 1x per month w/ mileage reimbursement
Reports to: Quality Assurance Assistant Director
Quality Specialist – OCFS/DOH/OPWDD
Part of the Quality Team which is responsible for: Incident Management, Internal Regulatory Audits, and Quality Improvement Activities/audits. This is a dynamic and progressive team that is part of an overall Integrated Quality Model.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes daily QA/QC, Quality Improvement, Regulatory, Safety and Compliance activities that support our OCFS, DOH, and OPWDD programs and services.
- Conducts chart audits, electronically and paper, and ensures follow through to close audit.
- Collaborates with Quality Lead on QA Monthly Reports and Annual Program Review meetings.
- Conducts incident investigations in alignment with OCFS, DOH, OPWDD and/or NYS Justice Center requirements.
- Conducts compliance investigations in alignment with all state and federal rules and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and relationships with assigned programs/services.
- Assists with Incident Review Committee and Compliance and Audit Committee meeting preparation and facilitation.
- Facilitates initial and annual trainings as needed or requested by assigned programs/services.
- Serve on agency-wide committees for improving safety, security and emergency management, as assigned.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings related to quality, regulatory and compliance, as needed.
- Performs other quality duties as assigned.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal, written communication and organization skills.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, applicable local, state and federal regulations and guidelines (including but not limited to: OCFS, DOH, OPWDD , NYS Justice Center).
- Associate’s Degree, preferably in a Human Service field, with at least 1 year experience working in the IDD, Child Welfare and/or Dept. of Health field;
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the IDD, Child Welfare and/or Dept. of Health field.
- Experience with OCFS/DOH/OPWDD and/or NYS Justice Center incident investigation requirements preferred.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
Access: Supports For Living is an EEO employer-EEO, AAE, M/F/D/V