Location: Middletown, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Location: Middletown, NY
Hours: Consumer friendly schedules. Flexible.
** Other locations available. **
Access: Supports for Living Inc. is in the business of doing good. We have a mission: To help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible. Here, you’ll be a valued part of an innovative team that touches the lives of more than 10,000 people each year across the Hudson Valley in programs supporting people to pursue the life they imagine. At Access, we believe in work with a purpose.
Self-Directed workers are identified by the individual receiving services. Duties are at the discretion of the person receiving the services.
In this role you will:
- Work with individuals by teaching daily living skills, as well as, other skills identified in the consumer’s goal plan.
- Complete extensive documentation requiring the ability to articulate and document the consumer’s progress.
- Direct care work that involves skill building services for the continued development and teaching of daily living skills.
- Requirements include the ability to advocate for the needs of others, the ability to problem solve; the ability to teach life skills and document daily progress. Also required is the flexibility to support consumers and meet their needs. As well as attend treatment meetings, and mandatory agency trainings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience with related populations, i.e. Intellectual Developmental Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders
- We are looking for experienced Direct Care Workers to form relationships with our clients, utilizing shared interests to promote and facilitate community engagement and integration.
- We also seek strong and skilled staff that can perform lifting and other one-on-one functions for specific clients.
- Requirements include the ability to advocate for the needs of others, the ability to problem solve; the ability to teach life skills and document daily progress. Also required is the flexibility to support consumers and meet their needs. As well as attend treatment meetings, and mandatory agency trainings
To learn more about Access and our services visit http://accesssupports.org. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK. A
Access: Supports For Living is an EEO employer-EEO, AAE, M/F/D/V