Location: Middletown, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2023
Hospitality Vocational Trainer
Supportive Employment/ CSV-T
Home Base: Middletown, NY
Trainings held in various locations in Orange County, NY
Pay Rate: $25-30/hr
Hours: Per-Diem (probably 9-12 hours per week when trainings are needed)
Access Supports for Living Inc. is in the business of doing good. We have a mission: To help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible. Here, you’ll be a valued part of an innovative team that touches the lives of more than 10,000 people each year across The Hudson Valley in programs supporting people to pursue the life they imagine. At Access, we believe in working with a purpose.
As a Hospitality Vocational Trainer, you will play a role in educating adult students on industry skills, hospitality culture and how to create memorable guest experiences.
- Develop and deliver training(s) for the various departments within the hospitality industry, including housekeeping, janitorial and food services.
- Design engaging training materials, including presentations and interactive “hard skill” activities, to effectively teach key skills.
- Conduct on-site training sessions and simulations to ensure students understand and apply best practices in customer service, communication, and other hospitality-related areas.
- Assess training needs and tailor the programs to address individual learning styles.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to the students learning, reinforcing training concepts and assisting with skill development.
- Stay updated on industry trends and advancements and incorporate them into training programs to enhance the quality of service and guest experiences.
- Collaborate with employment department and CSVT coordinators to identify training opportunities and develop strategies to improve overall performance and guest satisfaction.
- A passion for the hospitality industry and a desire to teach others about exceptional hospitality service(s).
- Experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in a training or supervisory role.
- Knowledge of hospitality operations, customer service principles, and industry standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fellow coworkers.
- The ability to deliver training in an engaging and interactive manner.
- Organizational and time management abilities, with the capacity to handle multiple training sessions and projects.
- Skilled in using technology for training purposes.
- Flexibility to adapt training programs to meet the specific needs and learning styles of the individuals we serve.
Can become SafeServe Certified