Finance Specialist III - The Guidance Center of Westchester
Location: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Location: Mt. Vernon, NY
Pay rate: $21.63 per hour
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
In this role you will:
- Responsible for timely completion/submission of transactions & reviewing for accuracy. Problem solves works independently, and shares knowledge with others to assist them with transactions.
- Responsible to post transactions on a regular basis and performs reconciliations to ensure accuracy. Independently reviews accounts to follow up on outstanding issues or coding irregularities on a regular basis.
- Responsible to maintain/update vendor/employee profiles and information as needed. Able to correct and update information, programs and other necessary tables independently.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting transactions in order to create concise managerial reports and performs account reconciliations independently in area of responsibility and assists others as needed.
- Understanding “debit” and “credit” concepts to enable completion of monthly & yearly reconciliations and analysis for submission to auditors and uses knowledge to assist and train others.
- Has computer skills which include knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, and database software and file maintenance. Responsible to create and design useful spreadsheets & databases independently or with minimal assistance.
- Organized, precise, able to display clear understanding of job responsibilities and perform various tasks and special projects assigned. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish agency’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible to lead and work effectively in a team environment as well as independently. Willing to assist and train others to perform a variety of job functions.
- Communicates effectively, openly and honestly, with staff and leaders on a consistent basis.
- Identifies and communicates any noted variances or changes in transaction trends and or nature to assist with expense or revenue monitoring.
- Maintenance of all documentation and keeping all filing up to date.
- Understands and can effectively back-up other position (s) within the Finance unit.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Proficient in Excel)
- Excellent organization skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work both independently and in a team environment
Access offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; an array of voluntary benefits (term life, whole life, identity theft protection and pet insurance); Healthcare and Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts; employer paid Short Term Disability, LTD and AD&D; a matching 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, accelerated holiday pay and tuition assistance.
To see all career opportunities with Access visit http://accessrealjobs.org. To learn more about Access and our services visit http://accesssupports.org. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.