Location: Mt. Vernon, NY
Salary: $58,500 Annually
Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM (40hrs)
OVERVIEW OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Development Coordinator supports and drives the fundraising activities of the Development Team’s outreach efforts to achieve revenue goals of the Foundation. This role requires the Development Coordinator to interact with donors as part of the Development Team. The Development Coordinator helps formulate, and execute the key initiatives of the Development team in the areas of events, mission sponsorships, grants, annual appeal, and general donations through a variety of methods. This position supports events through completing formal acknowledgements for donors, managing event deadlines, and managing the donor database. The Development Coordinator is responsible to follow the Foundation by-laws including the gift acceptance policies and uphold the standards of the operations of the Foundation
The Development Coordinator is additionally responsible for scheduling, oversight, and assigning volunteer activities for events in partnership with the Events and Advancement Director. The Development Coordinator also conceptualizes, schedules, and delivers collateral to support the Foundation’s fundraising activities of the Foundation. Additionally, the Development Coordinator is responsible for reporting of revenue through the established systems of the Foundation and provides an assessment and plan to achieve the agreed upon goals. The Development Coordinator is responsible for capturing and managing the internal and external relationships and outcomes relevant to the efforts of the Development Team.
Additionally, the Development Coordinator ensures the donor database is maintained and provides weekly reports as assigned. This role assists in building relationships with current donors, and assists in the cultivation of new and prospective donors.
This role is responsible for managing expense records, processing check requests and deposits in partnership with the finance team; processing donations, follow-up with invoices for pledge gifts, and in partnership with the Senior Leadership of the Development team, gifts of stock/shares.
This role is responsible for understanding the programs that are supported by the Foundation and assist in the fundraising efforts to support them.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Maintain inventory of supplies and make purchases on an as-need basis.
- Responsible for the processing of vendor payments in accordance and manage the bids process in accordance with the Foundation by-laws.
- Collaborates with the Events and Advancement Director to prepare appeals (year-end, etc.), special events (galas, fundraisers, open-house etc.), newsletters, and other departmental communications; maintains updated e-mail database for e-blasts.
- In collaboration with the Events and Advancement Director organizes event communication, and collateral.
- Perform all gift processing tasks; collect mail, copy donation checks, process donations with multiple steps including financial and development tracking, process donations ensure all donations are reconciled as well as complete acknowledgment letters for all gifts in a timely manner.
- Alert leadership of major gifts and other significant donor information
- Create and manage Annual Campaigns, Appeals, and Annual Report create and manage annual Development plan and calendar
- Assist with Foundation Grant application and reports, as needed
- Solicit, compile, and produce stories for newsletters
- Serve as liaison to vendors
- Prepare for donor/outreach lunches, tours, and meetings as well as coordinate follow-up
- Lead responsible for the organization’s database, perform all data entry, reports, clean- up for data integrity (donor information, donations, and prospects)
- Run reports and mailing lists as needed on a regular basis and integrate and manage email addresses in communication tools
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for data entry and finances in partnership with leadership
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to manage and lead events and work well with a diverse team to promote organizational initiatives as well as the ability to prioritize, and execute projects efficiently
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set and work within deadlines
- An interest in and knowledge of mission-driven work
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people, staff, and vendors
- Comprehensive computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and other fundraising software programs)
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and governance
- Ability to work well with donors, prospects, & board members & facilitate positive relationships, and therefore helping to increase donations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced department
- Supervise and train interns and volunteers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading and supporting key functions of a non/not for profit Development team.
The employee is required to meet these requirements
- Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be occasionally subjected to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in events as necessary.
- Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
- Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
EEO, AAE, M/F/D/V