Location: Monroe, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2023
Location: Monroe NY
Hours: Fri-Sun 2 1/2 day shift (40hours)
$2500 Sign-on bonus
Rate of Pay: $16.50
Access: Supports for Living Inc. is in the business of doing good. We have a mission: To help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible. Here, you’ll be a valued part of an innovative team that touches the lives of more than 10,000 people each year across the Hudson Valley in programs supporting people to pursue the life they imagine. At Access, we believe in work with a purpose.
In this role you will:
· Oversee day-to-day routines of residents: wakeup, grooming/dressing, preparing for work, programs or appointments, shared mealtimes, household tasks social/recreational activities and pm curfews.
· Provide direct, on-site supervision for up to 12 residents
· Support adherence to house rules, policies and practices for all residents and visitors
· Must be able to be a leader in the absence of a Site Supervisor and Senior Counselor
· Must possess ability to write res-hab plans and IPOPS
· Will assist in the handling of residents money and assets
· Orient and train incoming residents to the house practices
· Administer medication and supervise residents packing of medications
· Maintain annual certification to administer medications
· Maintain schedule of medical appointments for residents. Prepare and provide consult forms for medical appointments
· Provide transportation, or assist residents in arranging transportation, to medical appointments. Ability to drive a large van is required
· Hold/facilitate resident meetings to plan meals or outings, assign chores, and listen to feedback
· Should be able to cook (menu prep and ensure dietary needs of residents are being met)
· Cleaning and laundry responsibilities
· Ideal candidate must possess patience, self-motivation, display good judgment and pay close attention to detail
· Respond to routine and/or emergency medical needs as required
· Repair, resolve and report safety concerns at residence
· Track and attend mandatory trainings
· Ability to clearly communicate, through the use of weekly shift notes or logs, any progress or regress made by residents
· Assist resident with bathing needs if required
· Handle other tasks as directed by supervisor
· Coordinate services with other providers and families
The ideal candidate will have:
-BSW or Bachelors in the field (Human Services, Psychological education, Social Work) with some experience with related population and demonstrated skills
-BA with minimum 1 year experience with related population and demonstrated skills
-AA with minimum 2 years’ experience with related population and demonstrated skills
-Minimum 4 years’ experience with related population and demonstrated skills
Access offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; an array of voluntary benefits (term life, whole life, identity theft protection and pet insurance); Healthcare and Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts; employer paid Short Term Disability, LTD and AD&D; a matching 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, accelerated holiday pay and tuition assistance.
To see all career opportunities with Access visit http://accessrealjobs.org. To learn more about Access and our services visit http://accesssupports.org. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability