Location: Monroe, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2023
DescriptionResidential Counselor Peer
Engage individuals with behavioral health needs in services that support their recovery and growth towards living in their community setting of choice.
· Support understanding and adherence to house rules, policies and practices for all residents and their visitors.
· To be an informal and be able to use sound judgment regarding the day to day operation of the residence
· To learn and develop skills t help individuals to create their own recovery-based service plans
· To help people learn how to budget funds and manage a budget that leads to a greater level of independence
· To educate and orient incoming individuals to the house environment
· To educate and supervise individuals in taking and packing of medications until the achieve self-medication status
· To assist individuals to schedule medical appointments and related documents
· To assist individuals in learning how to use transportation resources available in the community. On occasion to use agency vehicles in transport people to community events or appointments.
· To facilitate community meetings designed to plan meals, outings, assign chores, and listen to feedback from the community.
· To assist people in meal planning, preparation, and cleanup as part of their skill development
· To assist people in learning skills associated with home management such as cleaning and laundry.
· Coordinate services with other providers and families
Candidate must have:
· Minimum 2 year experience with related population and demonstrated skills or
· AA with minimum 1 year experience with related population and demonstrated skills or
· Bachelors in the field (Human Services, Psychological education, Social Work) with some experience with related population and demonstrated skills
The ideal candidate should:
· Be able to respond to routine and/or emergency medical needs when they arise
· Be proactive to identify, resolve and report safety concerns at residence
· Be able to communicate effectively both in verbal and written forms
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability