Location: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Location: Mount Vernon,NY
Hours: 35 Hours Per Week Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Hourly Rate: $22-$24.72 (Dependent on Education and Experience)
Position Summary: The VAP (Vocational Assistance Project) is contracted through an MOU Substance Use Programs to deliver vocational services to those receiving treatment services. The VAP counselor is part of the interdisciplinary team at the assigned site. Vocational services provided include, but are not limited to: individual and group meetings focusing on work activities. available financial assistance, barriers to employment, referrals to outside providers. TGCW team meetings, partner site meetings, OASAS trainings. tracking ot data for monthly reports, job search assistance, application completion assistance, budgeting and financial literacy. legal implications for eligibility to work, etc.
• Support a high-performing culture aligned with TGCW core values and B.A.S.l.C. Tenets: Balance. Accountability, Satisfaction, Inclusion, and Communication.
• Complete vocational paperwork due within scheduled timeframes ( treatment plans, OASAS reports, etc )
• Conduct vocational assessments
• Provide individual and group vocational counseling
• Complete required documentation (progress notes, daily activity logs)
• Attend staff and assigned program treatment meetings
• Compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines
• Completion or ACCES-VR refferal packets as needed
• Conducting initial vocational background forms on new clients
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
• Two years’ experience providing vocational services with a bachelor's degree in vocational rehabilitation. counseling. psychology, sociology. or related fields or One year experience with a related master's degree.
.Valid NYS Driver's License with a clean driving record.
• Knowledge of goals, objectives & psychosocial dynamics of people in addiction recovery treatment & familiarity with common barriers to employment they face.
• Knowledge of labor market trends/requirements and skills ‘abilities required in a wide variety of occupations.
• Familiarity with job search sites (Indeed, ZipRecruiter. LinkedIn, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills. including interviewing and vocational assessment skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, and electronic health records required.
• Ability to work at partner agencies as the primary work location.
Travel Requirements: ~ :20, but typically less each week. Traveling to area college campuses. NYS DOL sites, various meetings, or training sites. or meeting with employers who might be hiring to develop Job leads at times may require travel.
Physical Requirements: These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necess,1ry for an employee to perform the job's essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities lo perform the described essential functions of the position. which arc reviewed in each case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role. the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required 10 sit and use their hands and fingers lo handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance. and stoop. kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.