Enhanced Community Habilitation Worker - Orange & Ulster County
Location: Middletown, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2023
Location: Middletown, NY
Other Locations Available
Rate of pay: 18.50 per hour - Enhanced Rate
Hours: Per diem or Part time
We have a mission to help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible and we are currently seeking Community Habilitation Workers (CHW) for varied locations in the Hudson Valley area. The CHW will provide skill building training and supports to Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Supports take place in the community and or in the home depending on the need of the Individual.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- The Community Habilitation Worker will provide mentoring / teaching services to individuals with developmental disabilities to help them achieve personal outcomes and growth.
- The Community Habilitation worker will teach daily living skills such as (money handling, socialization, cooking, job search, etc.). As well as any other skills as identified in the person’s individual plan.
- The Community Habilitation Worker will possibly have to perform lifting or assisting with hygiene functions for selected individuals.
- Work on the persons valued outcomes with the steps on how to achieve it based on caregivers / community supports and behaviors observed along with the individual’s strengths and needs.
- Meet with the assigned individual several times per week depending on coordinated hours.
- Community Habilitation Worker will travel to the location assigned.
- Attend trainings as required.
- It is essential that Community Habilitation Worker know and protect individual’s rights.
- Document each training session in the appropriate databases and report the progress and barriers with each client.
- The Community Habilitation Worker will receive supervision from the Community Habilitation Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must meet electronic (computer) and real-time technological reporting requirements to be an eligible candidate
- Prior experience with related populations, i.e. Intellectual Developmental Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills
- Ability to document services and understand regulations
- Bilingual English and Spanish speaking a plus
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
Access: Supports For Living is an EEO employer-EEO, AAE, M/F/D/V