RN - Integrated Behavioral Health Urgent Care
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2023
Location: Mount Vernon, New York
Hours: Full Time / 35 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $49.45
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse provides medical assessments, supports and monitoring to program participants in community mental health, substance use treatment, and Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) programs. Serving children, teens, and adults, the RN is a pivotal to The Guidance Center of Westchester’s integrated interdisciplinary approach to addressing complex and potentially co-occurring mental health, medical, alcohol and other substance use challenges. The RN works in collaboration with the medical assistant, medical director, and program staff/leaders.
- Provide medical assessments, screening and monitoring for program participants (i.e. health education, monitoring medical problems and side effects, administering injectable medications, and medication/wellness education.)
- Engage in health promotion, prevention and education activities, including management of physical health integration initiatives.
- Apply principles of culturally sensitive and informed practice.
- Communicate and coordinate services with other medical providers.
- With participant’s input and consent, develop strategies to maximize the taking of medications as prescribed.
- Participates in case consultations and conferences, as well as crisis support as needed.
- Participate in interdisciplinary case conferences and team meetings.
- Other job-related duties as required.
- Passion for TGCW's mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
- Positive attitude and demeanor with an ability to engage individuals of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and needs.
- New York State registered nurse license (unrestricted).
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification
- 2+ years’ experience providing nursing care with the full age range.
- Familiarity of physical health integration models of care.
- Strong engagement, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with electronic health record documentation and proficient computer skills.
- Organized, solution-focused team player who supports a collaborative team approach.
- Spanish language experience is a plus.
EEO, AAE M/F/D/V