Enhanced Community Habilitation Worker - Sullivan County
Location: Monticello, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2023
Location: Monticello, NY
Pay Rate: $18.50 per hour
Hours: Approx. 15 per week.
We have a mission to help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible and we are currently seeking Community Habilitation Workers (CHW) for an individual living in the Sullivan County Area. The CHW will provide skill building training and supports to this Individual with Developmental Disabilities. Supports take place in the community and or in the home depending on the need of the Individual.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- The Community Habilitation Worker will provide mentoring / teaching services to this individual with developmental disabilities to help them achieve personal outcomes and growth.
- The Community Habilitation worker will teach daily living skills such as (money handling, socialization, cooking, job search, etc.). As well as any other skills as identified in the person’s individual plan.
- Specific goal areas the individual needs a higher level of attention and supports are in the area of money management and budgeting skills. Along with setting personal and professional boundaries. The individual also requires supports with attending his medical and behavioral health appointments, as he will need transportation and assistance in understanding their provider’s orders/notes.
- The Community Habilitation Worker will possibly have to perform lifting or assisting with hygiene functions for this individual.
- Work on the person’s valued outcomes with the steps on how to achieve it based on caregivers / community supports and behaviors observed along with the individual’s strengths and needs.
- Meet with the assigned individual several times per week depending on coordinated hours.
- Community Habilitation Worker will travel to the location assigned.
- Attend trainings as required.
- It is essential that Community Habilitation Worker know and protect individual’s rights.
- Document each training session in the appropriate databases and report the progress and barriers with each client.
- The Community Habilitation Worker will receive supervision from the Community Habilitation Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience with related populations, i.e. Intellectual Developmental Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, mental health background
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills
- Ability to document services and understand regulations
To see all career opportunities with Access visit https://accesscareers.ttcportals.com/. To learn more about Access and our services visit https://accesssupports.org/. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK.
The Agency is a smoke free workplace and offers smoke free campuses for our employees, visitors, clients, and interns.
Access: Supports For Living is an EEO employer-EEO, AAE, M/F/D/V