Engagement Specialist II
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mt. Vernon, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2023
Location: Mt. Vernon, NY
Hours: M-F 9 am to 5 pm
Rate of Pay: $27.47 (CASAC or CASAC-T)
Position Summary: The Engagement Specialist II is responsible for triaging the centralized behavioral health phone hotline for callers and welcome desk for walk-ins at The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW). TGCW operates utilizing a behavioral health urgent care model to ensure rapid access to services and supports to address complex and potentially co-occurring mental health, alcohol and other substance use challenges. The engagement specialist is fully versed in the array of programs and supports available at TGCW, as well as able to serve as a care navigator who provides orientation and facilitates access to TGCW programs and supports. Additionally, they are able to provide either peer or clinical assessment and counseling services within the scope of practice of their credentials (i.e. Certified Peer Specialist, CASAC, CASAC-T, MSW, MHC, MFT)
- Respond to calls and walk-ins from those seeking behavioral health and support services, including in response to urgent, crisis, and emergency situations.
- Triage callers and walk-ins to identify needs and concerns, de-escalate crises, and determine most appropriate care pathways and supports (including linkage to clinical assessment, immediate hospitalization, or other referrals.)
- Ensure that individuals and families are appropriately referred and engaged within TGCW programs and services.
- Provide orientation to the agency and behavioral health services, initial documentation, insurance verification, and data entry into the electronic health record.
- Provide case management support including scheduling appointments, follow-up and provision of support as needed.
- Provide clinical assessments, counseling, groups, crisis response, community well-checks and/or peer services according to the scope of practice of one’s credentials.
- Administer and complete data entry for the National Outcome Measures assessments .
- Coordinate language interpretation support as needed.
- Attend community events, meetings, and locations as means of outreach to support new participants and enroll new participants into services.
- Other job-related duties as required.
- Passion for TGCW's mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
- Ability to identify emergency crisis situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to stabilize crisis situations through telephonic and in-person support.
- Ability to conduct screenings to ascertain appropriateness for TGCW programs or other community-based programs.
- Positive attitude and demeanor with an ability to engage individuals of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and needs.
- Organized, solution-focused team player that supports a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach.
- Knowledge of services and systems available in the community including primary health care, support services and community resources.
- Strong engagement, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic health record documentation and proficient computer skills.
EEO, AAE M/F/D/V